You are here:Home1/Lastest Researches2/Safety and Effectiveness of Upper-Room Ultraviolet Germicidal Air Disi...
Objective: The research is designed to evaluate the safety of room occupants with the application of upper-room ultraviolet germicidal irradiation (UVGI)
Background: Bench-scale and room-scale experiments clearly demonstrate the effectiveness of ultraviolet germicidal irradiation (UVGI), which consists primarily of shortwave (254 nm or UV-C) energy, for inactivating a wide range of aerosolized microorganisms.1–9 Based on these and other data, UVGI technology is widely used as a protective measure to limit the transmission of airborne pathogens. To prevent the spread of infectious agents within rooms, the upper room rather than UVGI within ventilation ducts is the optimal implementation mode, using wall or ceiling-mounted fixtures that direct UV-C energy above the heads of room occupants. Existing or added mechanical air mixing within rooms delivers infectious aerosols into the germicidal beam and returns disinfected air back down to the breathing zone.
Methods: Data collection involved administering questionnaires regarding eye and skin irritation to a total of 3,611 staff and homeless study subjects. The research starts from 1997 to 2004.
Conclusion: These findings demonstrate that careful application of upper-room UVGI can be achieved without an apparent increase in the incidence of the most common side effects of accidental UV overexposure.
With innovative internal mirror reflection and lens design and fully imported UV-C lamps for maximum UV-C energy output, Alphatch AHUA-1000 is effective to interrupt the transmission of airbone infectious diseases. The upper-space Germicidal UV Sterilizer can realize the REAL upper-region air disinfection. Meantime, with larger coverage and lower cost.
Now we all know the Upper-Room Ultraviolet Germicidal Air Disinfection is safe and effective. Since it has been introduced more than 70 years ago, what makes the Alphatch Upper-Room Ultraviolet Germicidal Air Disinfection system different from a standard Upper-room germicidal UV-C system?
• Imported ultraviolet lamps, imported ultraviolet LEDs, and photocatalyst have a synergistic disinfection effect, reaching the standard in 10 minutes with high efficiency and thoroughness.
• Internal specular reflection plus optical glass or lens realizes true upper-layer flat irradiation of ultraviolet light
• The energy of a high-energy ozone-free ultraviolet lamp can reach 200uw/cm2 at one meter.
• Imported Photocatalyst Technology for Disinfection, Sterilization and Odor Removal Multi-mode selection, upper horizontal irradiation disinfection, air circulation purification, photocatalyst disinfection and purification
• Infrared induction, the system will automatically shut down the upper ultraviolet radiation when personnel height is over 2.1 meters. No ultraviolet light below 2.1 m, realizing man-machine coexistence.
Besides, with its modern industrial design idea, Alphatch’s Upper-space UV disinfection system can be coordinated with modern construction better.
For more details of the research, please view it from below the link: